A humble thank you to Aspirations of a Southern Housewife for awarding Spark! the Kreativ Blogger Award,
and Small & Chic in Cville for honoring Spark! with the “Your Blog is Over the Top” Award.
I would like to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award on to:
1. My Little Happy Place. I love Alison’s adventures in home design, motherhood and life.
2. Caitlin Creer Interiors. Everything Caitlin designs, I simply love.
3. Rex and Regina. Beautiful blog by an event planner with a great eye and ingenious ideas.
4. The Glam Lamb. Fabulous eye candy and great taste.
5. Good Life for Less. Much of my Fall wardrobe has been inspired by Jill’s “Good Looks for Less.” She is a talented stylist!
And Matters of Style is Spark!’s choice for the “Your Blog is Over the Top” Award. This tireless blog is a constant source of inspiration — I am amazed by their impeccably fabulous posts day after day.
Per the rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award (that I googled!), you must share 7 facts about yourself. Per the rules of the OTT Award, you must answer the following set of questions. So, I am going to answer the questions and then you will certainly get more than 7 facts about me!
1. Where is your cell phone: In my purse, with plenty of unheard messages on there, I am sure.
2. Your hair: Brunette.
3. Your mother: Attorney, stay at home mom, avid NCIS watcher.
4. Your father: Attorney, golfer, class clown.
5. Your favorite food: Mexican.
6. Your dream from last night: Unsure of the subject matter, but always contains a fight between my conscious and subconscious about whether it is really a dream or not.
7. Your favorite drink: Expensive red wine, preferably a cab or pinot.
8. Your dream/goal: Satiety and contentment.
9. What room are you in: My family room.
10. What are your hobbies: Blogging, reading, running, cooking.
11. What is your fear: Becoming shallow.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: Still enjoying motherhood.
13. Where were you last night: On the way home from Tybee Island, Georgia.
14. Something you are not: I am not very good with make-up.
15. Muffins: Sure.
16. Wish list items: Lots of time to finish all of the design projects in my head, a shopping spree to Anthropologie, and Bob from the Biggest Loser as my personal trainer, oh! and to look good in skinny jeans.
17. Where did you grow up: McLean, Virginia.
18. Last thing you did: Put my 2 year old daughter to sleep.
19. What are you wearing: Nick and Nora PJs from Target.
20. Your pets: Annie, my 7 year old bichon frise.
21. Your friends: A perfect collection of people representing the times and places of my life thus far.
22. Your life: Perfectly imperfect.
23. Your mood: Relaxed for the moment.
24. Missing someone: Not really.
25. Vehicle: Silver station wagon.
26. Something you’re not wearing: Make-up.
27. Your favorite store: Probably Anthropologie.
28. Your favorite color: White.
29. When’s the last time you laughed: A few minutes ago.
30. When’s the last time you cried: I don’t remember.
31. Your best friend: Aside from my husband and my sister (who are really more like family), I have 5 close girlfriends that I can count on for ANYTHING.
32. One place you go over and over: Target.
33. One person who emails me regularly: My mother.
34. Favorite place to eat: Anywhere with good friends and great wine.
Thanks again for the awards — you made my day!